“Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it.”
On the occasion of World Heart Day being celebrated today, it is important that one is reminded about taking care of their heart early on in life. 40 is an age when every man and woman should start thinking about their heart and body and how to keep it fit. Since we use/abuse our body so much during our 20s and 30s, it is time for us to start a healthy life style when we are at the threshold of the fourth decade of our life and kick the bad habits that we have been living with all those years. It’s not too late to invest in healthy life style and being fit is any day better than putting all the hard-earned money in treatment of diseases caused due to lifestyle diseases. Your health is an investment not an expense. One can always enjoy that money in fulfilling those dreams, off your bucket-list.
So this is the right time to start a healthy fitness regime for life long. You just have to be strong willed and focused. In today’s stress filled world taking out time for fitness is a good stress buster. It is also me-time for yourself and a feel-good factor. They say health is wealth. If you are healthy and fit you can enjoy every thing that life has to offer. We can follow some simple routines to have a healthy heart and fit life style.
- Hit the gym at least 4 times a week or start with morning walks. It is worthwhile to choose a gym near your house.
- Start saying yes to greens and fruits. Eat lean meat. Have lots of liquid and keep yourself hydrated throughout the day.
- One of the most important things to do is to start having fun moments in your busy life.
- Starting to read, as little as 15 minutes everyday, is good for your brain.
- People who adore pets and can squeeze in some time with their pets, will always get an unconditional love and a feel good factor.
- It is also essential to change cooking oil after every 3 months and switching to olive oil or other healthy oils.
- Listening to music or taking out 15 minutes to do what we love to do and which gives us happiness is a good practice for a healthy heart.
- Bringing whole foods in to your system and also limiting your intake of sodium is essential.
- Getting a good night’s sleep is essential and one should try and get a minimum of 7 hours daily.
- Smoking is a big NO-NO and alcohol intake should also be limited.
- In today’s world most of us have sweet tooth and therefore, it is time to cut down on sugar.
- Another interesting development is the late night cravings that we have and it is time to say no to late eating and having self-control to not indulge in eating after 8 pm.
- Stop having processed food instead go for nut snacking.
- A wonderful way of keeping your heart healthy is by keeping a track of your steps and aim to walk 10,000 steps everyday. These days all the latest technology mobile phones are equipped with the pedometer and it definitely does keep one on track.
These are few steps, which if started early, will ensure healthy and fit life. So lets start a healthy routine for a healthy life style on World Heart Day!
Leaving you all with this,
“At first, they will ask you WHY you’re doing it.
Later, they’ll ask you HOW you did it.”
More from Food & Health
Families in Shilonda village will not fear the upcoming summers and the possibility of water-cuts in their houses. Habitat for …